Relief Needed – Very Soon
It seems as though every time we turn around another area of the country is affected by deadly forces. Only weeks ago the Pearland area veterinary clinics had a fund-raising effort for the victims of the explosion in West, Texas. If you haven’t seen photos of what was donated, please check out our Flickr Page.
With the deadly storms of Moore, Oklahoma this past weekend, we have another group in desperate need of supplies.
The Pearland veterinary clinics have joined forces once again to raise supplies via donation. This time, we only have a limited time to get the supplies into one of the clinics listed below in order to get these supplies to Oklahoma. We have secured transportation for anything donated by noon, this Friday, May 24, 2013.
Everything is needed from pet food to gift cards, to bedding. Below is a specific list.
- PET ITEMS: Collars, Leashes, Bowls, Dog Food, Cat Food, Litter Boxes, Cat Litter, Dog Toys, Cat Toys, Dog Treats, Cat Treats, Kennels
- FIRST AID PRODUCTS: Band aids, alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, anti-microbial ointment, Neosporin, Gauze, Tape, Respirators, etc
- BABY ITEMS: Diapers, Baby Wipes, Baby Shampoo, Baby Soap, Q-Tips, etc
- TOILETRY ITEMS: Antibacterial Hand Sanitizer, Bars of Soap, Shampoo, Conditioner, Deodorant, Toothpaste, Toothbrushes, Combs, Brushes, Feminine Products, Sunscreen, etc.
- MISC ITEMS: Batteries, Flash Lights, Gallon Zip Lock Bags, Contractor Bags, Leather Palmed Work Gloves, Hand Towels
The only thing not needed is clothing as there are many organizations already on top of this effort for donations. We would like to encourage you not to contribute cash. If you would like to donate money, we ask that you do so in the form of a gift card. There are many stores in the Moore, Oklahoma area, but not a Costco. The city is in close proximity to Oklahoma City where there are many stores. Specifically, there is Walmart, Kohl’s, Target, JC Penney, Bed, Bath & Beyond and Hobby Lobby to name a few.
If you would like to donate supplies to these efforts, please do so no later than 12:00pm (noon), this Friday, May 24th at the following Pearland Area Veterinary Clinics.
- Claws & Paws Veterinary Hospital – 2556 E. Broadway
- Pearland Pet Health Center – 10525 Hughes Ranch Road
- Pearland Animal Hospital – 1601 North Main Street
- Silverlake Veterinary Clinic – 10015 Broadway, Suite G
- Shadow Creek Veterinary Clinic – 11041 Shadow Creek Parkway, Suite 101
- Westside Veterinary Hospital – 6034 West Broadway
We hope you will consider donating to our neighbors to the North in Oklahoma, who have been devastated by these terrible storms.
Thank you in advance,
The Team at Claws & Paws