CIV (Canine Influenze Vaccine) Update

injection-syringeYou’ve probably seen in recent months the discussion of a newer strain of Canine Influenza (H3N2) popping up in different areas of the country. Until recently, we at Claws & Paws Veterinary Hospital® have opted not to require the vaccine for this particular strain. We have been continuing to watch this development and have decided to now carry this new vaccine.

Many of you will find that local boarding facilities are now requiring this new strain vaccine as well, in an attempt to thwart any outbreak locally.

In an attempt to not have clients vaccinate their pets with two different Canine Influenza Vaccines, we have been waiting for the combination vaccine that addresses both strains of this disease; the H3N8 and the newer H3N2.

We have exciting news to share…it’s here!

As before, this new combo vaccine will need to be given to your dog two times, 2-3 weeks apart. Please do not hesitate to call with any concerns or questions.

We appreciate your patience in waiting with us for this product. If you have any questions regarding this vaccine, please feel free to email us at or call us directly at 281.997.1426.