Taking the steps below will help ensure your pet is returned to you should he or she become lost.
Before He or She Becomes Lost
- Get your pet microchipped.
- Register your pet’s microchip number. You can register it with the manufacturer of the microchip and with a general microchip site, such as FreePetChipRegistry or AKC Reunite. We’ve listed common Microchip Manufacturers below.
If you are a Claws & Paws client, you can visit the ePetHealth website and upload a photo of your pet and print off Pet ID cards. This ID will have your information as well as your pet’s vaccination information.
Common Microchip Manufacturers include: (this is not a complete list)
- Home Again – https://www.homeagain.com/
- Avid – https://avidid.com/
- DataMars / PetLink – https://www.petlink.net/
- Fetch ID – https://www.fetch-id.com/
- Nanochip – https://www.nanochipid.com
If Your Pet Has Become Lost
Check the local Animal Emergency Centers. A complete list of the Houston Area Emergency Clinics can be found at CPVH.com/Emergency.
Contact your pet’s microchip manufacturer and let them know your pet has become lost. Verify your information is accurate and up-to-date.
Contact your local Animal Control Office / Shelter
- Pearland Animal Control – 281.652.1970
- Friendswood Animal Control – 281.996.3390
- Manvel Animal Control – 281.489.1212 (Police Department)
- Alvin Animal Control – 281.388.4331
- Houston SPCA – 713.869.7722
- Houston Humane Society – 713.433.6421
- Bureau of Animal Regulation and Care (BARC) – 713.229.7300
- Brazoria County Animal Control – 979.415.2700
- SPCA of Brazoria County – 979.849.6900
- Southern Brazoria County Animal Shelter – 979.285.2340 x100
Contact all Veterinary Practices in your general area; not just the one you use for your pet. Make sure you check the emergency animal hospital as well. Most (if not all) veterinary hospitals have a lost and found process and when
Post recent photos of your pet on local Social Media sites, such as Pearland Lost and Found pets, Lost and Found Pets – Pearland, Manvel, Alvin. There are many groups on Facebook. A quick search such as Pearland Lost and Found Pets and you will see many sites. Post everywhere! The quicker you post, the better the