Treats for the Sweet
We all love to spoil our furry family members and what better way to do that than to make some homemade treats! Besides fresh fruits and veggies like apples and carrots, homemade treats are a way to control what’s going in them as well as throwing extra love into the mix. Here are a couple of quick and easy ones you can make at home. They are people-friendly too, so don’t feel guilty for sneaking a few.
BANANA OATMEAL HYPOALLERGENIC DOG TREATS
recipe courtesy of dogvills.com
1 ripe banana
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 cup oatmeal
- Preheat oven to 350*. In bowl, mix ingredients until thoroughly combines. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Take 1 tablespoon mixure and form into a ball. Place on lightly greased cookie sheet and flatten slightly.
- Bake at 350* until brown on bottoms, about 15 minutes. Remove and let cool completely.
- Store in airtight container.
FROZEN APPLE DOG TREATS
recipe courtesy of IrrestistiblePets.net
1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- Slice apples into small pieces (remove seeds and core)
- Mix apple slices, yogurt, and water into blend and blend until you get a liquid consistency
- Pour mixture into ice cube tray and freeze for a few hours until hard
- Remove from tray and store in ziplock bag in freezer
- Serve with a smile
Not the baking type or short on time? Don’t worry! You can find yummy goodies for your furry family members at local pet stores and bakeries.